Monday, December 14, 2009

You Are My First Step

Guess what? The first step in my Quest to find me is that I reach out to you. Not that I didn't always know that, let's just say it has become clearer. Like the cobwebs have been removed, the sheets have been taken off the furniture and I am now washing the windows. I'm getting there. You get the picture. I do love to ramble on.


This time of year always gets me thinking. I reflect back over the previous months and contemplate the new year that is fast approaching. Last year I made a one year plan, five year plan and ten year plan. After reviewing it I actually didn't do too bad this year. I'm a little off the mark in a few areas but over all it could be a lot worse. There will be some revisions but that's to be expected. Since life is always throwing us off balance and for me being off balance is extremely easy.


Life is exciting. Every day is an adventure even the bad days. Some of my bad days lately have been like being stuck in the middle of the jungle in a pit of quicksand with the cannibals surrounding me and a set of twin pythons hanging from the tree behind me. Whew!!! I know what a run on sentence. Yep, that feeling that no matter what you try to do they are going to get you. Of course sometimes it's just like being at the bottom of a compost pile. But the important thing is I have survived them. Yes sir, by the grace of God, I have survived and you will too. Every stinkin' one of them. Yes you will make it. I promise.


Somehow all those rotten days make us stronger. I know, I know, I don't want to hear that when I'm going through them either. So if your having a bad day just ignore that thought for now and store it for future reference.


I have a secret to share, I am the type of person who thrives on turmoil. I get bored out of my mind when life is just chugging along and nothing is happening. Of course it would be nice if I could choose the turmoil. I have some great ideas! I might tick a few people off but that's life. Hey, "THEY WOULD BE STRONGER ."


Seriously, I know this time of year is hard. If you are having a good day, "Praise The Lord." If you are having a bad day, "Praise The Lord." Whatever you day is like you are not going through it alone. God loves you and He is always with you. Sometimes it's hard to have faith. We all go through those times so don't beat yourself up on the days your faith seems weak. God understands. You are loved beyond measure.


So hang in there my friends. Until next time, God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment