Sunday, January 24, 2010

Winter Blaghs

Well, I'm back again. How's things going today? I've been going through a few rough patches.How about you? It seems like every winter is hard for me. Do you like winter? I need lots of sunshine. I would not make it any place that had extra long winters. My oldest son laughs and tells me "Mom, you sure you can't get a few more lights in the house." What can I say I need light!


Seriously though do you feel like you're just somewhere in-between in the winter. I mean, it's a good time to get all those things done that you don't want to waste your time on in the spring but with out the sunshine you just can't seem to get motivated. Then when spring comes you don't want to take the time to do all the things you should have done in the winter because you want to enjoy the spring. It's crazy.


Motivation is suppose to be a state of mind not a feeling. I think parts of my mind are definitely in the dark when it's winter. Well, some people might say parts of my mind have never seen the light. (:0)


It's just too hard to imagine that spring is around the corner when it's snowing or just plain dark and dreary. Everything, including me, looks so lifeless in the winter. My smile doesn't come as easily, kind words too easily can be replaced by not so nice ones. I don't want to go anywhere. I just want to hibernate like an old bear. As I am writing this I heard a bird chirping outside my window. I am going to pretend it was a Robin. My first step in positive reinforcement thinking.


One more week and January will be over. I would like to think I could accomplish something before the months end! I did clean out a dresser that had not been touched since my youngest was in Jr. High. Oh, did I mention he is now 26. So, I guess that counts as a small accomplishment.


I have been working on a book I started last year. I have had writers block but I have managed to get a few more pages done. Hopefully about 50 more will wrap up the first draft. According to my goals it should have been done by the end of the 2009. Hey, I'm not too far off target. I covered myself it was not only on my one year goal but my 10 year as well.



Well, I guess I've complained enough for one day. I know spring is coming. There goes that bird again. Confirmation! Hang in there, I know you will make it too. One of these days the sun will shine bright, the Robins will be singing and I will be complaining about all the dust and spots on the carpet that I will be able to see so clearly. Hmm, maybe I should get busy.









God Bless until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment