Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sure God But What's Rain

I am so tired I feel like my fingers are super bonded to my keyboard and my backside has been permanently glued to my desk chair. I have been writing almost non stop for the last four and a half days. I have had very little sleep. The few hours I have been able to sleep I have been stretched out on the chaise in the study. My legs and feet are swollen so badly I can hardly bend them. My husband said he never saw anything like it. I mean picture it, my size 9 1/2 feet swelled up looking like half inflated beach balls, then again don't picture it. What can I say I am only a dainty demure woman on the inside. Don't tell me God doesn't have a sense of humor.


But I don't care. I needed to get this book finished. What brought on this urgency you might ask? A stirring in my spirit that is hard to explain because I don't understand it myself. The closest thing that I can come to is when God told Noah to built the ark. I mean, Noah must have said, "sure God whatever you say but what's rain?"


I am sixty years old and I have never experienced anything like this before. This book was on my to do list to be finished last year. God gave me the plot in about thirty minutes then I had the dreams. God and I are pretty tight. Not because I'm special but because I'm very needy. His voice isn't hard to recognize when you listen as hard as I do. I'm always just checking to see if he is still there. It's almost like a child in bed at night calling to Mom and Dad. "Hey Dad it's me how about a tall glass of water." I am always thirsty.


I was dragging my feet (I guess now I am literally dragging them) even though I knew I was suppose to write a trilogy. A trilogy and I didn't even have the first one done. Hey don't give me that look. I'm writing on blind faith here.


I haven't a clue what God is going to do with this book or the next two. One thing I can tell you they are saturated with Him. It is almost like someone poured a pitcher of oil all over them. This is God's baby I am just trying hard to see that it grows into maturity and is ready to go out into the world.


I'm not the type to tell you God said, unless I believe God said. None of this is about me. I am just a willing vessel hoping to be used by God. Well, alright, begging to be used by God. Because that's where I find my true joy and happiness; when I am smack dab in the middle of something he has asked me to do.


God is so close that when I breathe I feel as if I am breathing in his very essence. Every movement is in line with him. Does that mean I do everything right. No, unfortunately, it just means I am willing to give it my best shot.

I'm kind of like that kid on the baseball team with a lot of heart but just so so talent. He's so sweet ya just gotta give him a chance. You never know he may hit a home run.













Until we meet again. God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment