Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hope

This has been another hard week for me. I have been sick all week. Plus some other trials I won't mention but one thing I know for sure God has been with me through it all.

Hope fills my heart as I write this tonight. Hope is the energy that fuels the flame in me to keep going one more day. Hope says maybe tomorrow I'll get to where I need to be. Maybe tomorrow I'll see my dream birthed and in my hand. Maybe tomorrow when I round that bend I will run right into my answer.

I know I've been down lately. I have been very tired and now I have been sick but the good thing is when I get this low God always shows up stronger then ever. I think it's because I run out of my own strength. I have no more energy to try to control my life or the situation. If He doesn't show up there will be no more hope, not one more step. He loves to show up. He loves reaffirming that He is everything He said He is.

Just as we love reaching out to our children when they are in need, so much more does God love reaching out to us. He is a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold, a listening ear, a friend, a father, as well as, a loving savior.

I have gotten upset many times because I would talk and talk to God but I still felt all alone. I thought if I could see Him I wouldn't be so lonely. This week I realized if I could see Him like I see you and me He couldn't be with me like He is now. I couldn't hide under the shadow of His wings. I couldn't feel Him in my heart or hear Him whispering in my ear.

I don't know about you but sometimes it takes almost a lifetime for something to get embedded in my heart. I may repeat it a million times before I really see it. When I finally get that "AHA, moment" and realize, "Oh that's what He meant." All this time I have been wanting him to be something He is not. And this week I finally realized I'm so grateful He is not what I wished He would be but He is who He is.

How I love him. He absorbs every pore of my being. He is in every thought and every breath. He leaves Himself behind every time I reach out and touch someone. He leaves his footprints behind every time I walk out in faith. His voice is heard and touches the soul of everyone I try to console or love. And what is so amazing is that it's not just through me but through each one of us.

We leave Him everywhere. We leave the scent of His being, of who He really is, by giving our life to Him and then living it everyday. It doesn't matter what our talent is or our job. It doesn't matter if we are male or female or what our age happens to be because we each have our own personal walk with Him. He will use each one of us if we let Him.

I can live without a lot of things in this life but I can not live without the hope that God breathes into me everyday. I can't live with out Him.

Open yourself up to Him and hold on with everything you've got because He is holding on to you.





Until we meet again. God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment