Monday, June 7, 2010

Making A Memorable Moment

It was a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon. All the family had gathered at my Grandparents house. Their house was small so we had made our way out to the side yard with chairs and blankets. The adults were talking and the kids were running and playing. It was a lazy wonderful day that I never wanted to forget.

I remember laying on my belly on a home made quilt of my Grandmothers. I lifted my head and stared out before me. I had such a peace and I wanted to remember the day forever. I pulled up a blade of grass and put it between my thumbs and stared at it trying to burn it in my memory. I kept repeating, "I want to remember today forever."

I don't know why I thought I needed to remember that one day out of so many previous ones but for some reason it was important to me. I couldn't tell you the exact date on the calendar or even my exact age, although I believe I was eight at the time, only the feelings I had about that day. I don't think I have ever felt that way again.

For one sunny afternoon all the cares of the world drained completely away and left only the feeling of belonging, acceptance and love. All those feelings pure and untainted from this world. I believe for a brief moment I experience a touch of heaven.

I think about the warmth of Gods radiant love, the feeling of acceptance and knowing you are home. Having completed your journey with the weariness of the world left behind forever.

I believe someday I will experience that feeling again and it will not just last for one sunny Sunday afternoon but for eternity. I look forward to that day. My heart is filled with promise because of Jesus and one sunny Sunday afternoon so long ago.





Until We Meet Again.......God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment