Monday, June 14, 2010

Today I Was Invisable

How do we become invisible? I didn't use to be invisible. I know once you could see me. Maybe people projected onto me what they thought I should be and between them and myself I got buried. Buried in some truths and half truths, peoples expectations, as well as, my own pain and sorrow, like a ton of earth over me.

I became a daughter, granddaughter, wife, mother, friend, worker, coworker, the list is endless. All of these people, all of these parts I have played. Where am I? If I am the sum total of all my parts how do they all fit? Where is the window that allows the world and myself to see me once again. I am more then the roles I play. More then the labels that society has encrypted upon me. Take me back to the beginning. I need to see me again.......



I feel the dirt beneath my fingernails as I try to claw myself to the surface to the light once again. The dirt covers my eyes and I can taste it and feel the dampness on my skin. I finally reach the surface. The brightness of the light shines upon me. It seems to be coming from everywhere. I hear the laughter of small children and feel the soft grass beneath my feet. I hear the wind blowing through the trees. There are flowers everywhere. They see me, everything sees me because of the light. There is joy on all their faces and their laughter is like a beautiful melody going on forever. I am seen. Maybe not in this world but I am seen and it is beautiful....



I realize once again that it is not important if the world sees me only that God sees me. To God I am never invisible...There is never any confusion. I know that this world is not my home. I am just here for a short while. I have seen a glimpse of home again and I am full of light. I am visible once again. My spirit soars for my hope has been renewed and I will continue the journey.



Until We Meet Again.......God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment